...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

February 24, 2006

Music overload...

Since my last update on my listening I've gotten a lot of mail. I got James Blunt, British singer/song writer, who sings lovely but sad songs about love and loss. Next came Mat Kearney, an eclectic artist, who at times sounds like Counting Crows and at other times inserts rap influences. Lisa Loeb also released a best of album which is catchy without being cookie cutter pop. Jack Johnson did a two-for-one gig, the soundtrack to the film Curious George, which is a front for a new album with his friends G. Love and Ben Harper. Paste magazine never lets me down with another sampler with great stuff on it. Speech is one of those artists, who has a new album The Vagabond, which I've heard only a bit, but good so far.... and...
my current music on repeat...repeat...repeat is the song Streamlined by Slow Runner:
Now loneliness is so refined
It's streamlined
I slip through doors, I pass the time
Streamlined
I want to be
Weighted down
Tangled up
In the thorns of love
But this year I
Ended up
Streamlined
All extra weight
I've left behind
between the rain
beneath the signs
I want to be
Tangled up
Weighted down
Lost and found
Cause these days I
Just walk around
Streamlined

No comments: