...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

January 08, 2005

Panic Room - 5

An intense film, in which the audience is trying to come up with the escape at the same time as the characters, but this film also leaves its ending unresolved. It also plays on the dichotomy of good character vs. bad character. But throughout the film the plot and the action seem mostly believable, in assumes that humans can and do act in these predictable ways. It asks the viewer the question what would you do if the life of your loved one's is in your hands, are you quick enough on your feet to be able to save their lives? It plays on the tension between emotions and what popele think is rational.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This movie was supposed to be suspenceful but completely failed. The whole thing was predictable. I didn't find any profound quesions here. Typical protect the family movie very uninspired.

Anonymous said...

I thought the film was an inspiration. it taught me the wrongs and rights of life. It taught me to stay safe in my own home, and the suspense was unbeliviable, i was sitting on the edge of my bed with my heart in my mouth. X