...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

January 08, 2005

Finding Nemo - 6

This is a one of the best G-rated films I have seen in a long time. You are not going to find a more colorful movie than one about the ocean, not only visually, but also through the humor of using other genres of film throughout. It is amazing to me that we attribute such human characteristics to animals and only get some of the stabs at how screwed up we are. The jokes also work better translating them from humans onto fish. I love how trust and friendship as theme come throughout the movie, even in unlikely characters. We find out who we truly are when we are free to trust, to love, to tell the truth, and ultimately when we have care for the reality that we are in.

4 comments:

Enche Ibster said...

i agree on sme of ur views...and some of it just made me go 'oh yeah, never thought of that'

keep it up, i enjoy reading

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I don't see what the fuss about this movie was. Everyone was just so taken up with the cuteness of it. Sure it's nice for kids but I really don't understand the appeal for other age groups. I think this movie is way over rated period.

Dancer4life<3 said...

every disney story has a deeper meaning then what it appears to be, wonder what it is for finding nemo?

Anonymous said...

"Finding Nemo"
just the title ...dont quote me but nemo means "no one" in latin
Marlin ,..nemo's dad is tryin to find nemo? or himself the journey through the movie is about Marlin i think ,,not nemo