...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

January 30, 2005

Garden State - 7

This is film about what it is like to be a twentysomething in our therapeutic culture. It is a great film because most can relate to it, the thoughts and feelings of the characters is in many ways common to everyone. Both the pain and joy of living in a broken, but creative reality. It is our reaction and dealing with the grief and pain of our lives that we make the most profound choices, and in which we discover who we are and what really matters. This movie is the one exception on my site, in which I would highly recommend you seeing this film, if you have not already. The music to the film is also very good and is worth your time to check out.
See also this good review of the film. It gives more background and insightful questions to engage the movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I didn't really get this film. I'm twenty something but it just didn't have magic for me. I did however really love the soundtrack and want to buy it once I have the money.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this movie. Just.. love. I think I have seen it about oh.. 40 times

V