...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

January 07, 2006

Family/Day

Last weekend I picked up two CD's that have been on my list for a while. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like them. One was Robert Randolph and the Family Band's Unclassified. I had heard him live, and as usual the album isn't as good, but still worth listening to. I was reminded of this album after seeing Randolph perform with DMB on their latest live album, Weekend On The Rocks. Randolph plays the lap steel guitar, and very well.
The other album was Howie Day's latest Stop All the World Now. You may have heard the single "Collide," the album is not that song played 15 times. It sounds like a combination of John Mayer and Live. My favorite songs are This Time Around and You & A Promise.

No comments: