...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

July 15, 2005

movies you like...

In an attempt to discover who reads my blogs, and use this more as a forum for "virtual" conversation I am asking that you leave a list of your top ten favorite movies. It doesn't have to be "all time" favorite, just ones that you think are really good and engage discussion about good questions, or are just a well told story. This way I can get to know readers and maybe get some more suggestions of movies I should put on my list (the links may help you with ideas:-). Thank you for reading and commenting.
ps- In the last few weeks I have made the titles of each post a link to the Internet Movie database.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Searching for Bobby Fisher
2. Dad
3. Shadowlands (I think you might have done this one.)
4. High Fidelity
5. Enemy at the Gates

If I think of more I'll send them your way.

Jason said...

Ten movies I really like off the top of my head

1. Casablanca
2. Fargo
3. Sunset Blvd.
4. Night and the City
5. the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
6. High Noon
7. All About Eve
8. Narc
9. Stray Dog
10. Glengary Glen Ross

Anonymous said...

City of God
Motorcycle Diaries
Life is Beautiful
The Color of Paradise
Love Actually
My Mother's Castle
Moulin Rouge
The Life Aquatic
Girl Interupted
Frida - just saw this one and I'm not sure yet that I like it, but it is thought-provoking

Evan said...

1. Vertigo
2. Barry Lyndon
3. Au Hasard Balthazar
4. La Dolce Vita
5. Magnolia
6. Playtime
7. Seven Samurai
8. Blade Runner
9. Nashville
10. Amadeus