...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

December 04, 2006

Love Actually - 7

I watched this twice last week (It was for a movie discussion). Not much to add to what I have said before (Christmas 2004 and 2005)
Richard Curtis (Bridget Jones's Diary, and The Edge of Reason, as well as the excellent The Girl in the Cafe) wrote and directed this film. I like how the film covers the many aspects and types of love that there are in a series of vignettes that all cohere in the end. It makes the case that love in the end is how we pursue connections- and that maybe it ought to be that way. Now that I have seen this film for three consecutive Christmas', I may make it a tradition(?).

1 comment:

John Baldauff said...

Hey Greg,
I am a huge fan of this movie. In the deleted scene section there is a scene where the film pans in on one of the posters in the office that is dealing with Africa. Then that poster comes to life and it's just brilliant. Check it out if you haven't already.