...engaging and discerning culture, as a way of life...

February 10, 2005

Annie Hall - 6

This is a great philosopher's movie. Lots of dialogue and 'over-thinking' about love, life, death, and relationships. I say over thinking, because this type of thing drives most people crazy, believe me, I've seen it. And despite the fact that it has no plot it is engaging and thoughtful, and in that respect actually more like real life, similar to Seinfeld. This film reminded me of all the conversation I have had with a friend, probably a little scary for those of you who have seen this movie, but sometimes the issues of life just need to be talked about and laughed about. I also liked how the movie recognized itself as a movie, but still dealt with real life issues and problems.(for example, Woody Allen's character brings out Marshall Mcluhan from behind a wall to refute the college professor behind him in line at the theatre).

No comments: